10 Fun Facts About Dogs
Posted by Cam Sinden on
- Dogs can sniff at the same time as breathing
- Dogs only sweat through their feet/paws (many have said the odour is reminiscent of Wotsits or Cheetos!)
- A dogs nose print is as unique as a human fingerprint
- Humans have kept dogs as pets for over 12,000 years
- Dogs can hear about 4 times better than humans (their selective hearing often improves further at the at the slightest sound of a treat/doggy goodie being opened!)
- Dogs and humans have the same type of sleep therefore dogs can dream (their dreams will probably consist of ball, play, food and the odd squirrel or two!)
- Dogs can recognise more than 150 word (again the words usually have to be food and/or toy related)
- Puppies have 28 teeth, adult dogs have 42
- Dogs whiskers can sense things – their whiskers can feel air currents, dogs use that to work out the size and shape of nearby objects, eg. how big is that treat in front of me?
- Dogs can see in the dark as they have a reflecting layer in their eyes.